Monday, April 30, 2012
Ten Homeschool Writing Ideas/Links
I love to write, and I like to encourage my kids to write. So, I get excited to find sites that make writing fun and memorable for the kids, that give helpful hints or writing prompts, or that provide ways to share children's writing with others or treasure as keepsakes. Here's some of the Links I Like:
1. Tikatok - a website where parents and their children can write, illustrate, and publish their original stories into professional-quality hardcover and paperback books or eBooks.
2. Story Jumper - their mission is for every child to feel the joy and excitement of publishing their very own book.
3. In our Write Minds, WriteShop blog
4. SmallWorld's Wordsmithery - fun writing lessons
5. Free Writing prompts: Heart of Wisdom, The Write Source, 346 Creative Writing prompts, the Teacher's Corner, and Writing Bug. I am sure there are more.
6. 5 Educational Uses for Photo Books
7. Rory's Story Cubes
8. National Novel Writing workbooks - free downloads
9. Homemade Bookmaking : Making Books, Let's Make Books, and Let's Explore Bookmaking
10. All About Me scrapbooking - All About Me journaling prompts
Linked with Top Ten Tuesday, Family Time Tuesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Women Living Well, Raising Homemakers, Winsome Wednesday, Miscellany Monday, and Better Mom.