1. Thunder Cake by Patricia Polacco (One of my favorite authors)
2. Come on, Rain! by Karen Hesse
3. The Summer Night by Charlotte Zolotow - this is one of my favorite since I was a little girl, and I read it to my kids every summer. It's hard to find now.
4. God's Quiet Things by Nancy Sweetland
5. Night Driving by John Coy
6. Oregon's Journey by Rascal
7. Blueberries for Sal (and Make Way for Ducklings) by Robert McCloskey
8. Fairy Houses by Tracy Kane
9. Hide and Seek Fog by Alvin Tresselt
10. Wind Says Goodnight by Katy Rydell
Linked with Top Ten Tuesday, Family Time Tuesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Women Living Well, Raising Homemakers, Winsome Wednesday, Miscellany Monday, Read Aloud Thursdays, Hip Homeschool Hop, Monday Madness, Friday Favorite Things, and Better Mom.