Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School has started!

We started homeschool this week. We always wait until after Kyle's birthday to start school. He is now 15 years old and in 10th grade. I'm so proud of the young man he is, but it seems to be growing up so quickly before my eyes.

We are studying the continents this year with the girls, and we have started with Africa. I'm excited because Lila is old enough to be more involved this year. She made a zebra craft with Mara and is adding stickers to her world map as we study all the animals.

We brought in two interesting cucumbers today. They didn't look that great to eat so the girls decided to have a spa morning. Our container garden on the deck did okay. We got a lot of tomatoes and green beans and peas.


I've been a little sad about no news on our adoption right now. Everyone knows waiting is hard. God does so many wonderful things in the waiting though. So I am trying to treasure the time especially with Lila right now. We played in the sandbox yesterday. She is so enjoyable and creative.


Hopefully I can treasure my days by writing about them a little more too.


No comments:

Post a Comment