Thursday, November 12, 2009

Journaling

I just received my grade in the mail today from a class I was taking to renew my teaching certificate. It was on journaling - keeping a Teacher's Journal as well as using journaling with your students. I loved it! Besides reading Scrapbook Storytelling, I also read Educating Esme. Both were good. My project was to keep a Teacher's Reflective Journal. I found it to be a great benefit to reflect on our school days and keep a record of our year. It helped me set goals and to be accountable to them. Plus, as I add pictures to the journal, it makes an excellent record/yearbook of our school year.

For fun I've been reading Pages of Faith, about faithbooking. I'm getting ready to start writing Lila's Story of her adoption, and I want to include how God led us through her adoption process. I want her to know that God built our family. One of my favorite authors, Catherine Marshall, wrote a book about her life called Meeting God at Every Turn. I hope to write more family stories after Lila's, and I want them all to tell God's story of our lives.

Anyway, I signed up with Cherish Bound as a way to publish these stories and to have multiple copies for the kids. I'm looking forward to having a hardbound copy of our stories as part of sharing our faith and passing down some stories. Another reason I like Cherish Bound is all the story starters they offer to help you write your stories, including one on adoption. My goal is to get Lila's done for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment