Tuesday, September 14, 2010

18 Days or Less

It's 18 days or less until we leave for NM for our adoption.  The birthmom is due early October and would like us to be there for the birth.  We are set to go before her due date to try our best to be there.  We are ready to go now if needed.  There is so much to think about that it is a little overwhelming - so we'll just pray that God helps us with the details.  It's hard to be prepared for this experience.  I have no idea what to expect.  I do know that it will all happen in the next month, and I am happy about that.  I can't wait to hold baby in my arms and welcome him to our family.  We all can't wait to meet him.  It's been a long time since I've had a newborn - twelve years in fact.  And back then I didn't have all these big kids and their activities.  So I am wondering how life will be with a newborn, but we have been making adjustments to be ready.

Tomorrow I know Lila will ask how many days - and tomorrow I will say 17 or less till we go to NM.

No comments:

Post a Comment