Saturday, November 3, 2012
November 4th (the first Sunday in November) is Orphan Sunday. November is National Adoption month and November 17th is National Adoption Day.
I thought I would share 10 Ways Every Christian Can Care for the Orphan and Waiting Child by Hope for Orphans.
1. Pray for them. Tape an child's picture up to be praying for each time you see it. Visit adoptuskids.org
2. Speak up for them. Become a court appointed special advocate for a child in foster care.
3. Provide for their needs. Organize a shoe drive or foster care children or orphans.
4. Support those who support them. Mow, babysit, bring a meal for foster parents.
5. Protect them from harm. Become a foster parent. Raise money for an orphanage.
6. Visit them where they are. Go on a mission trip.
7. Give sacrificially to them. Give to an orphan organization or Show Hope Adoption Aid.
8. Encourage them to press on. Become a mentor or tutor. Sponsor a child through Compassion or Vision Trust.
9. Adopt them into your family. Give a child a home.
10. Mobilize your church for them. Start an orphan ministry in your church.
Our family is also sharing the Orphan's Table. I am hoping to do this with our adoption support group, Hope 4 Kids. We hope to share a meal eaten by orphans around the world and go through the discussion and prayer guide.
Linked with Top Ten Tuesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Women Living Well, Raising Homemakers, Winsome Wednesday, Miscellany Monday, Hip Homeschool Hop, Monday Madness, Friday Favorite Things, and Better Mom.