Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Do you trust me? My magic carpet ride

"Do you trust me?" is one of the questions God asks me almost every day, along with"Where's your faith?" It's basically the same question. And I love the question! Because I have to answer and it draws me back to God every time.

It also makes me think of the movie Aladdin when Aladdin holds out his hand to ask Jasmine to join him on his magic carpet. I have always liked the idea of a magic carpet ride; even when I was little I would pretend magic carpet.

But when God asks me the question, I am answering Him - to take a magic carpet ride with Him "Do I trust Him?"

Just like Jasmine, I sometimes ask, "Is it safe?" But if I want to experience that whole new world then I have to trust and go for the ride. I definitely don't want to miss it.

My favorite Bible verse has always been Proverbs 3:5 Trust in Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge the Lord in all of your ways and he will make your path straight.

And I do trust Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment