Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our Thanksgiving/Ready for Advent


So much to be thankful for - that's why we are the thankful bunch. We had a nice dinner, played some games, and ate some good food. Friday we got yummy hot chocolate at Borders. And we got out all our Christmas decorations. We also watched the new Veggie Tales. It was fun.




959480: Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving VeggieTales DVDSaint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving VeggieTales DVD

We are ready to begin our Advent devotions starting tomorrow. I have so many different advent devotionals. I am trying to keep it all simple - sometimes I get too many different resources and try to do them all. This year I have decided to just do the Adornaments and our advent calendar. I haven't done the Adornaments for maybe 5 years - never with Lila. I pray we don't get too busy or distracted this month, but choose what is better with our days.

By the way, I listened to the new Steven Curtis Chapman CD this morning, Beauty will Rise. It is beautiful. I woke up before the rest of my family and had my tea while I read my devotions and listened to the music. They seemed to go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment