Monday, August 29, 2011

Change of Plans/Curriculum

So, I made the decision to do Classical Conversations, but it just wasn't sitting right with all of us. I felt like I was compromising what I really wanted to be doing for school with Mara next year, and it would be too much to do both. Which means that we will not be enrolled in CC after all.  Maybe next year.

Our curriculum for this year (not inclusive)

Lila 1st Grade 
Five in a Row.  I made up my own similar curriculum with the older two, but I had more time then.  I am looking forward to trying this out this year.  I will always love picture books!

Mara 8th Grade
Saxon Algebra 1 and Saxon Teacher

Mystery of History Volume 2:  Middle Ages

Earth Sciences (I will be putting together my own plans for this subject.  We decided to save Apologia Physical Science for next year if we decide to do Challenge 1 with Classical Conversations.)

Wordly Wise & Word Roots 2

Abeka Grammar



Alpha Omega Home Economics



Kyle 12th Grade

Notgrass Economics

AP Computer Science (online)

Entrepreneurship (online)


Saxon Advanced Math year 2


We'll be praying through the year.  It feels like there have been several changes in our family this last year with our usual activities, so we are trying to find the new groove and where God wants us to focus as a family.


1 comment:

  1. I really love seeing what people use for homeschool. We are doing preschool this year with my 3.5 year old. She loves it. I am looking at curriculum already though for Kindergarten {for next year}. There is so much to choose from! It can be overwhelming.

    I am stopping by from WFMW. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete