Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Compassion Homeschool Curriculum

One of our resolutions is to do a better job writing to our sponsored kids.  Right now we just sponsor two children with Compassion:  Kevin in Kenya and Bernice in Ghana.  We wrote letters about every other month this last year, but we would really like to try to write every month this year.  We have made notebooks to keep all the letters in as we get to know Kevin and Bernice. 

I am also hoping to try out the online letter writing - maybe this will be easier. 

I wanted to share a couple blogs that I read somewhat regularly to help keep me motivated for writing letters:
Compassion Family

Blogging from the Boonies

Compassion
 
The testimonies of so many sponsored kids on how much they treasure the letters is definitely motivation too!

I am also excited that Compassion has homeschool materials available online.  We will be checking these out this next session of homeschool.  We also love the Explorer Compassion magazine for kids that we get in the mail.  And I just read that Wes Stafford has a new book out that I will have to add to my reading list, Just a Minute! 



Linked with Works for Me Wednesday, Women Living Well, Raising Homemakers, and Hip Homeschool Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment