Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mixbooking it!

This month I am Mixbooking it with Mixbook.com at home and at Panera - creating memory story books.  It's one of my goals to actually get started on this year.  Mara is creating a recipe book too.

I have boxes of photos, photo albums, keepsakes and scrapbook boxes.  I want to make books from all of these.  There's so many I want to make:  for each of the kids school and growing up years, my childhood, my Granny's resume (as she calls her life memories), vacations, adoptions, etc.  Where do I start?  I am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to this kind of thing.  I am trying to get over this because it has been holding me back.  I am going to work on some of Kyle's memory books since he will be graduating this year.

That's all past memory keeping.  Then there's this year, here and now.  Can I start figuring out how I want to move forward in keeping memories so that I don't always have to play catch up? 

I have been reading about Project Life, but that doesn't feel like me.  I am not a traditional scrapbooker either.  I do like storybooks and journals.  I might try making some bound digital books with extra blank pages at the end to hand write some notes.  I think the most important thing I can do is get started!

I will be writing another post on what I hope to do with all the keepsakes and projects that don't fit into memory books.

How do you keep memories?





Linked with Tackle it Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Right now, I have a big plastic storage box for each of my 5 kids, and that's about it. I think the farthest I will get in keeping memories is making a 1st Communion Album for each of them using the Creative Memories software.

    ReplyDelete