Friday, January 2, 2015

Theme Word 2015: EMBRACE


I have known for a month or two that my word should be EMBRACE.  I have had a hard year adjusting to our new life in Colorado.  I know God has us where he wants us, but it hasn't been exactly where I have wanted to be.  So, I've complained and grumbled a little or a lot.  God has made it clear to me that I should EMBRACE where I am.  So, I will.  I will look with eyes open wide for his plan for us here, not just for me but for all of us in the family.  I can already see so many reasons and blessings to be here.  I will also look for what else God wants me to EMBRACE.

What does it mean to EMBRACE?  Hold closely in one's arms.  Accept or support willingly and enthusiastically.  Welcome with open arms.  Take to one's heart.  Adopt.  Receive gladly.  Accept readily.

So, we'll hug more each day.  I will embrace where God has me.  I will embrace God's Word and strive to take it to heart and to action.

Do you have a word for 2015?

1 comment: