1. Milk and Bookies - is a non-profit organization that exposes young children to how great it feels to give back while celebrating the love of a good book. Have a Birthday Party and give a book!
2. Books for Africa - "A simple name for an organization with a simple mission." They collect, sort, ship, and distribute books to children in Africa.
3. The Reading Tree - Reading Tree is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide books to disadvantaged families.
4. We Give Books - Combining the joy of reading with the power of helping others.
5. First Book - a nonprofit organization, connects book publishers and community organizations to provide access to new books for children in need.
6. Reading is Fundamental - the nation's largest nonprofit children's literacy organization.
7. Project Night Night - Project Night Night donates over 25,000 Night Night Packages each year, free of charge, to
homeless children who need our childhood essentials to feel secure, cozy, ready to learn, and
significant. Each Night Night Package contains a new security blanket, an age-appropriate
children's book, and a stuffed animal -- all nestled inside of a new canvas tote bag.
8. Barefoot Books - When you purchase a book from Barefoot's Books for Africa Collection, they will send it directly to a child in need.
9. Bookaid International - Book Aid International increases access to books and supports literacy, education and development in sub-Saharan Africa.
10. Give to local homeless shelters, hospitals, schools, etc.
Linked with Top Ten Tuesday, Family Time Tuesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Women Living Well, Raising Homemakers, Winsome Wednesday, Miscellany Monday, and Better Mom.